Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Night Before

Tomorrow morning we meet at the airport at 11:00 a.m. to check in at the Lufthansa check-in counter.  There are 32 people in our group - and I pray that every one will be there in good health.

I have been re-reading all my information about preparing for this pilgrimage.  I am especially interested in looking for the sacred in the unexpected.  While my main purpose in choosing to return to Italy, but this time with Pastor Mike's group from church, is to get to know my fellow members and friends of Holy Spirit Lutheran Church.  I also hope the eyes of my heart are prepared for fresh vision in knowing God and walking with God into the next chapters of my life.  It isn't easy for me to open conversations and get to know new people, and I think this will be my greatest challenge on this pilgrimage.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mom, I am thinking of you and pray that this trip gives you new friends and fulfills the travel itch! I love you dearly and miss you. Thanks for sending me the link to the blog. Great reading! Tamara

    ReplyDelete